The holidays are upon us and time is short. Enjoy some interesting links from this past week!
- This article tears apart a docker image and gives an idea of what’s running whenever you do a “docker run”
- Mimikatz is a tool to play with Windows security, linikatz is it’s Linux brother. Might be interesting to play with on a sandbox host.
- This was another well put together run through of Ansible Molecule testing.
- I had a good time reading about Johnny’s homelab build, pictures included! I really want to start highlighting more of these builds, it’s a blast reading through the Homelab sub-reddit.
- I’ve been very interested in running a clustered database on Ceph storage. This whitepaper from RedHat had a lot of interesting information about performance and tweaks.
- Was trying to find a way to host an apt repo of the custom Solarflare drivers (ie a package for Debian/Ubuntu). Might try just using a public Git repo in the lab.
- A look at running containers in unprivileged mode. There’s very few reasons you should ever need privileged containers anymore.
- I uploaded my Ansible playbook to provision Proxmox containers. It save me a lot of clicking!
- Someone recommended this Proxmox Ansible inventory script. Might be cool to use somehow in the future.