There’s a lot of potential apps to host in a homelab. I’ve started investigating which ones to deploy first! Also some info on getting Ceph and Proxmox up and running at home.
- I was hitting all kind of ceph “OSD” delays when working on things in my Proxmox cluster. Stumbled upon this gem pointing out that the Proxmox kernel has old Solarflare drivers that may affect Ceph performance. No delays since!
- With the storage working, I decided to start bind mounting my CephFS mounts in Proxmox LXC containers.
- Some useful dotfile for setting up a fresh Linux install.
- Askbot is an open source take of StackOverflow that you can host at home.
- Polr is a neat looking link shortener.
- Cachet is an open source status page you can self-host.
- Plex added support for Tidal, an interesting merging of home and cloud media streaming.
- Ceph has “S3” support via their RadosGW. Next Ceph project will be to configure that, and see how performance works with “Goofys” as a file-system on S3.
- Hashicorp Vault is on my to-do list, came across some videos from Hashiconf.
- Some performance testing of different Kubernetes plugins running on hosts with 10G network interfaces.